Komplettes Tool zur Testautomatisierung
für: Windows, Web und Mobile
Neu in TestComplete 12.40
64-Bit Support: TestComplete now installs a 64-bit version on x64 Windows environments. This allows the tool to store larger data sets and testers to easily scale their projects.
Wi-Fi Connected Test Devices: The latest version of TestComplete enhances the mobile testing experience and allows you to create and run tests on your devices from any computer in your network by connecting through Wi-Fi.
Smarter CrossBrowserTesting Integration: New improvements to the integration with CrossBrowserTesting facilitate better data-driven testing that will enable you to connect faster through the Local Connection Wizard.
Script Editor Improvements: You can now rename a function or a variable and auto-highlight support when double clicking on variables.
Name Mapping Enhancements: Find needed objects faster with the new search text box in the Name Mapping editor. You can now also copy and paste mapped objects in the Mapped Objects Tree.
Lesen Sie hier die Liste aller Neuerungen in TestComplete 12.4 im Detail
Neu in TestComplete 12.31
Improved Environment Manager User Flow
To help you get started quickly and easily, Environment Manager now shows tips for running tests. Now, you can also add tests and test items to the root level in the Environment Manager panel. There is no need to create environment lists. A new icon "Add Group" lets you create groups and then easily add tests or test items under these groups. Environments for these groups can be then assigned in a single step. In case your old tests are under environment lists, they will still work. You can rename these environment lists to groups if needed. Read more about it here.
Early Access Java 9 and JavaFX 9 Support
You can record and run TestComplete tests for Java 9 and Java FX 9 applications. The early access Java build supported with this release is jdk-9+176.
Support for Atlassian JIRA 7.3.
For any failed tests, create issues in JIRA 7.3 (self-hosted and cloud) directly from TestComplete.
The Region checkpoint wizard is back.
Based on customer requests, an ability to create region checkpoints is back. You can now access it by selecting new "Image checkpoint" option available on the Checkpoint wizard.
Read more about it here..
Und vieles mehr....
Neu in TestComplete 12.3
TestComplete 12.3 has new and powerful capabilities that will speed up your automated testing efforts and help you create robust UI tests.
Here are a few highlights:
Custom Zoom & High DPI Support: You no longer have to set your browser zoom setting to 100% for TestComplete to work. With custom zoom and high DPI support, UI tests created with TestComplete 12.3 will run correctly regardless of the zoom level.
New Recording Toolbar: The recording toolbar has a completely new interface, giving you easy access to recording capabilities, checkpoints, and object information.
Revamped Checkpoint Wizard: The checkpoint wizards have been completely overhauled in TestComplete 12.3, so you'll be able to create checkpoints quickly and easily. If needed, you can even combine distinct properties for each checkpoint or perform image verification. Don't worry! All of the checkpoints you created previously will still work.
Code Editor Enhancements: New code editor enhancements include automatic outline setting commands, smarter auto-formatting, and a code competition window, among other features.
Visual Studio 2017 Support: Run unit tests created with Visual Studio 2017 as part of your TestComplete projects in addition to running TestComplete tests directly from your MSBuild projects.
Discontinued Support: TestComplete 12.3 no longer supports Windows XP or Windows Vista. Custom actions added via script extensions are also no longer supported and will not appear in the recording toolbar.
Neu in TestComplete 12.2
CrossBrowserTesting.com is an online test service that provides environments – a virtual desktop machine or a physical mobile device – for functional web and mobile testing. TestComplete tightly integrates with this service and enables you to easily run your web tests in various web browsers, on different operating systems and screen resolutions. That is, you get a rich and easily configurable set of browsers, operating systems and resolutions for your web tests, and do not need to spend time and efforts on creating and maintaining test environments. Also, the tests run in parallel, which significantly decreases the overall execution time.
To integrate TestComplete with CrossBrowserTesting.com, you use a new project suite item – Environment Manager. You can run your tests from the TestComplete user interface, command line or via COM interfaces. See Integration With CrossBrowserTesting.com (Environment Manager) for complete information.
Mobile Testing Improvements
Support for Android 7.
Support for iOS 10.1 and 10.2.
Support for testing Xcode 8.1 applications.
Support for testing Xamarin.iOS applications created in Xamarin Studio 6.1.1 and 6.1.2.
Manual instrumentation of Xamarin.iOS applications in Xamarin Studio.
Support for Windows Server 2016.
Now, you can record and run your tests under Microsoft Windows Server 2016 to check whether your application works correctly with this version of the Windows operating system.
Support for Firefox 50 and Google Chrome 55. Now, you can create and run tests for web applications running in the recent versions of these web browsers.
Improved Visual Studio integration. The TestComplete Visual Studio integration package adds a new build step to TFS 2015 – Publish TestComplete Test Results. It helps you easily publish TestComplete test results from your team builds.
We have fixed a number of bugs reported by our customers.
Improved Support for Third-Party Controls
Version 12.2 includes extended support for the recent versions of the following controls and libraries:
Developer Express WPF 16.1.6
CodeJock Xtreme Toolkit Pro v17.2
ComponentOne C1Command for .NET v2.0.2
Janus UIBars Control V4.0.50
TMS AdvStringGrid version 184.108.40.206
TMS AdvGlowButton version 220.127.116.11
Neu in TestComplete 12.0
- Test and Verify Oracle Forms:
With TestComplete 12.0, you can now test Oracle Forms. All great functionalities of TestComplete such as record and replay, integration to continuous integration systems, detailed run reports, or support for multiple programming languages are available when creating these tests. What’s more? This comes as a part of desktop module, so you can now get more from your original desktop licenses.
- Test mobile web on real devices to gain insights into real user experiences:
Along with emulators, TestComplete 12.0 now provides support testing website on real mobile devices. There is no need to jailbreak, unlock or root your device. This helps you to accurately test for your application functions in “real world” conditions.
- Intelligent recommendation for object not found issues:
TestComplete 12.0 makes it extremly easy to fix an object not found" error by providing suggestions on finding the right object identifiers.
- Improved Source Control Integration:
TestComplete 12.0 makes it easy to merge changes while pushing test files to source control repository. It also comes with better handling of automatic merging process, thereby significantly conflict resolution issues.
- Seamless Integration to QAComplete:
Now right from TestComplete, you can send projects suites, projects, or tests to QAComplete, SmartBear’s test management tool. Just right click and “Export to QAComplete” option would do the rest.
Neu in TestComplete 11.3
Verbesserte CEF Unterstützung:Das Plugin für die Unterstützung des Chromium Extended Framework benutzt jetzt das neue Pepper Plugin API (PPAPI)
Unterstützung für Qt 5.0 - 5.6
Unterstützung für Chrome 49 und Firefox 43 - 45
Unterstützung für iOS 9.3
Bessere Integration mit HP QualitiyCenter. HP QCConnector Scripte enthalten jetzt eine Zeile die TestComplete Test Logs mit HP Quality Center Test Runs assoziiert.
Neu in TestComplete 11.2
Unterstützung für iOS9 und Android 6
Source Control Unterstützung für MS Team Foundation Server
Unterstützung für RAD Studio XE10 und .NET Framework 4.6 and 4.5.2
Reguläre Expressions sind in mehr Methoden, Funktionen und Eigenschaften möglich
Keine Unterstützung mehr für IE7 und IE8, Firefox 31-36 und iOS6
Neu in TestComplete 11.1
Unterstützung für Microsoft Edge Browser
Neue Methode für die Browser Interaktion.
Das NPAPI (Netscape Plugin Application Programming Interface) wird nicht mehr verwendet, sondern eine neue Methode.
Damit arbeitet TestComplete jetzt auch mit Chrome V45 oder neuer.
Neu in TestComplete 11.0
TestComplete 11 introduces full-fledged support for Python —
- You can select Python as a scripting language for your TestComplete project.
- You can record and write test scripts in Python.
- In your Python scripts, you can use the same TestComplete scripting objects, methods and properties that are available for other supported languages.
- You can debug Python scripts with TestComplete’s built-in debugger.
- You can use Python script statements in your keyword tests.
TestComplete 11 supports Python version 3.4.
The Python modules are included in the TestComplete installation package. You do not have to download and install them separately.
For detailed information on using Python scripts in TestComplete, see Python - Specifics of Usage.
Unterstützung für die Source Control Systeme SVN, GIT und Mercurial
Enhanced Source Control Integration
TestComplete 11 offers a completely reworked integration with source control systems. Now you can work with the following source controls directly from TestComplete:
- Subversion (SVN)
Like earlier versions of TestComplete, version 11 also supports source controls based on the SCC API (for example, Visual SourceSafe, ClearCase or CVS).
You specify your source control type in the Tools | Options | Source Control settings.
New commands of the Project Explorer’s Source Control menu make the integration easy and natural:
To access these commands faster, you can use the Source Control toolbar in TestComplete. (By default, the toolbar is hidden; to make it visible, right-click the toolbar area and then click Source Control.)
As you can see, you can add your projects to source control, commit and push changes, pull files modified by other team members, view the changelog and perform other actions. Items’ icons in the Project Explorer panel help you easily understand if an item was changed or not. (You may need to save the changes made to the project to update the item status.)
TestComplete smoothly integrates with Tortoise clients like TortoiseGit installed on your computer. This gives you even more possibilities: you can create or merge branches, export patches, compare commits, run the rebase and other source control commands directly from the TestComplete UI:
Note for Subversion users: To use the new SVN support, migrate your projects and project suites bound to SVN from legacy SVN support to new Subversion support as described in Migrating From Legacy SCC API Providers. Otherwise, TestComplete will use legacy SVN support functionality.
Windows 10 Support
With TestComplete 11, you can record and run automated tests for Windows Store applications and for regular applications on Windows 10 running on computers with the x86 or x64 architecture.
- We have tested Windows 10 support features on Microsoft Windows 10 Insider Preview, which is the latest available version of this new operating system.
- The Edge browser is currently not supported. We are working to introduce support for it in one of the nearest minor updates.
- Windows 10 on ARM-based devices is not supported.
- To test web applications in Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10, you need to disable multiple processes in Internet Explorer.
Visual Studio 2015 Support
- You can now test applications created with Visual Studio 2015.
- Also, TestComplete 11 integrates with Microsoft Visual Studio 2015. This means that you can —
- Integrate TestComplete tests into your Visual Studio test projects and plans, manage and run TestComplete tests using Microsoft Test Manager and Visual Studio.
- Run TestComplete tests as part of your MSBuild runs.
- Run Visual Studio unit tests from your TestComplete projects.
Note: We have tested integration with Visual Studio 2015 Release Candidate, which is the latest available version of this new product.
RAD Studio XE8 Support
TestComplete 11 supports testing Delphi and C++Builder applications created with Embarcadero RAD Studio XE8. Version 11 supports both 32- and 64-bit XE8 applications. You can record or write script and keyword tests for these applications, simulate user actions on controls, verify applications’ data with checkpoints, and use other TestComplete features for automated tests creation.
Mobile Testing Improvements
- Added support for Android 5.1.1 (SDK 22).
- Added support for the most recent iOS versions iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.3.
- Automating iOS maps and pins. TestComplete 11 recognizes MapView and AnnotationView controls in iOS applications that use Apple Map Kit. With this, you can now record and simulate actions with maps and pins in MapKit-based applications.
Web Testing Improvements
- Support for new browser versions. You can now test web applications in Mozilla Firefox 38, Google Chrome 43 and Opera 30.
- Smoother web test recording.
Qt Support Improvements
Version 11 introduces support for Qt 5.0 - 5.4.2 applications. 5.4.2 is the most recent Qt version at the moment.
The TestComplete 11 installer includes modules that provide support for these Qt versions. The modules that provide support for earlier Qt versions are available for download on our website:
You can find installation notes within the download packages.
- JScript 5.8. TestComplete 11 uses the JScript engine version 5.8. So, you can now use all the features this version provides, including support for JSON.
- Enhanced Jenkins integration. The TestComplete Support plugin for Jenkins sports several improvements:
- Now you can use the TestComplete Test step as a substep for other build steps.
- You can use Jenkins variables to configure the TestComplete Test step’s properties.
- The TestComplete Test step can generate test reports in the MHT format.
- The test step can also generate and publish JUnit-style test reports.
- The test results have the new Start Failed status. This status is displayed when the test fails to start, for example due to connection issues.
- Built-in performance counters. TestComplete 11 introduces new keyword test operations and scripting methods that let you easily time your test execution. This will help you analyze your script or keyword test performance and eliminate bottlenecks. For details, see Performance Operations (KDT) and aqPerformance Object.
- Using aligned structures in DLL calls. The new DefineTypeWithAlignment method allows you to create aligned structures for DLL function calls.
- Support for Windows Store applications is enabled by default now. Earlier versions of the product asked for your confirmation to enable this support.
- The Test Items page of the project suite editor has now a new toolbar. It can be used to create a new project or change the project execution order in your tests.
- In the JUnit Test and TestNG Test editors, the Run the following tests option was renamed to Run the following test classes to avoid confusion.
- Better test object recognition. TestComplete 11 includes an improved object-recognition algorithm that makes test recording and playback more stable.
- Better ambiguous object recognition. When TestComplete 11 recognizes an object ambiguously, it posts a warning message to the log and then searches for the needed object. When the object is found, the test continues.
- TestComplete 11 adds support for the following Telerik controls for WPF:
- Telerik RadComboBox
- Telerik RadGridView
- TestComplete 11 introduces support for the recent versions of the following controls:
- Developer Express 14.2.6 controls for Windows Forms
- Developer Express 14.2.4 controls for WPF
- Developer Express 14.1.5 controls for VCL
- Infragistics NetAdvantage 2014 Vol. 2 for Windows Forms and WPF
- Syncfusion Essential Studio 12.4
- Telerik RadControls Q1 2015
- TMS AdvGlowButton version 2.1
Installation Process Changes
- Streamlined installation. The TestComplete and TestExecute installation wizards have been simplified. Now you can install the products easier and faster.
- The format of TestComplete and TestExecute installation packages has been changed (this may be important if your test environment is configured automatically). The installation package supports new command-line arguments that let you specify the TestComplete modules to skip during the installation. The -aq command-line argument is no longer supported.
Changes in TestComplete COM Automation
To control TestComplete via COM on Windows 8 and later operating system, both TestComplete and your client COM application must have the same privilege level. By default, TestComplete now uses the extended privilege level (uiAccess = true), so, most likely, you will need to update the uiAccess value in TestComplete’s or your application’s manifest file.
When installing TestComplete 11 or TestExecute 11 on Windows 10, you may see the following error:
Sentinel Runtime Environment Installer failed with the following error: file processing error.
You can ignore this error. It affects neither the installation process, nor the functioning of TestComplete or Test Execute.
However, you may also see errors when uninstalling TestComplete 11 or TestExecute 11. If so, we recommend that after uninstalling TestComplete or TestExecute you reinstall all the products on this computer that use the Sentinel HASP licensing system. (Uninstall all of them first, then install them again.)